Elixir of Venus: The Write-amin for
unleashing your goddess-sized voice
If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
If you’re too much—bold, loud, opinionated, emotional—they won’t like you.
Wait for permission.
Be a good girl.
Who do you think you are?
Ugh. Are you as tired of those tired old rebukes as I am?
Too long have guilt and shame and blame and fear run the show when it comes to what you have to say. It’s time to call in new management.
Is there a goddess in the house?
Yes! And she’s here, with a weekly dose of Speak Up and Bring It On, for YOU—the word-loving, beauty-packing, soul-slinging woman reading this, right now.
Astrologically, archetypically, Venus radiates love, beauty, relationship, wealth, self-worth, and more. For the Elixir of Venus, let’s emphasize that self-worth part. Venus invites you to consider what feeds you and how you love yourself.
The Elixir of Venus is about valuing yourself as the goddess you are, giving you and your voice a weekly dose of the reverence, joy, and support that are your birthright.
Whether you need
- the courage to spill out the words that you’ve never dared express,
- the impetus to knock down the walls that have held back your story,
- a simple structure through which to remember and allow the sound of your own voice,
- to come home to yourself as the magnificent woman you were born to be,
the Elixir of Venus is for you.
Here’s a peek at what Venus has in store for you:
How about that in your inbox once a week?! Read on for more particulars and to order up up a little Venus for your own big voice.
This is About Unshackling Your Voice
One of my favorite childhood stories goes like this: I’m three or four, in a yellow dress with a shiny ribbon belt, in the front pew at church with my family on Sunday. Nestled between our parents, my sisters and I are three peas in a pod—big brown eyes, identical haircuts with even brown bangs lining our foreheads. The Mass begins, and the priest proclaims, “Let us pray.”
And I shout, at the top of my lungs, “I don’t want to pray!”
I don’t know exactly what happened after that. Probably muffled laughter, throat clearings, eyebrow lifts, hushing and shushing. And probably everyone falling into line and praying, whether they wanted to or not.
Almost forty years later, I still work hard at unwinding all that has kept my voice shackled and shushed and smaller than it is. I’ve devoted my life to making way for my goddess-sized voice, and to helping others to do the same, because the world is hungry for the brave, tender, untamed voices of women.
That means you, and your voice.
EOV Write-amins are not those hard-to-swallow horse pills. This sip of nectar will melt right down the center of you, waking up the sleeping goddess who lives there and has something essential to say (even if, especially if, it involves shouting in church).
For one year, for only $260 (that’s $5/week), once a week you’ll receive:
- A way in. It can be excruciating to sit down to write, blasted by the glare of white page or screen, like a deer in headlights. With the EOV, you don’t have to agonize over “Where do I start?” You’ll simply be able to begin.
- A way through. Whether you’ve written for years or just started a practice, when you want to express parts of you that have never seen the light of day, the prospect is daunting. Each week, the EOV will take you step by step through the sacred excavation of your voice.
- One luscious writing prompt/idea, to help you to play, experiment, reflect, and practice expressing your goddess-sized voice. Think fires lit, engines revved, hearts opened.
- A new hue of goddess to unleash. The EOV draws on the way the planet Venus, inspired by the goddess Venus, moves through the 12 signs of the Zodiac—that means you get to try on warrior woman, medicine woman, witchy woman, diva woman, revolutionary woman. All the woman you are.
- A way to heal and reclaim. You’ll get prompts that help you to heal what’s been broken, to face and name what’s been holding you back and ask it to step aside. To reclaim what belongs to you.
- A gentle reminder of your beauty, power, and value. That’s worth saying again. Beauty. Power. Value. YOURS.
- A carefully curated quote from The Chamber of Support & Inspiration. Joan of Arc, Frida Kahlo, Anne Lamott, Tina Fey, Maya Angelou. Women whose lives and words motivate, instigate, stimulate. You are not in this alone.
- One small way to write, which can yield grand results. Ever notice that when you pay attention to something, it pops up everywhere? Same here. 5 minutes of writing can become 10, 20, 40.
Ready to invite an infusion of muse into your life, to say yes to your own goddess-sized voice?
Then by all means, dive in and request your elixir. Venus knows the ocean. She was born there after all, so she’s the best lifeguard you can hope for in birthing your own voice.
Or want another little taste of the deliciousness of the EOV? Venus is all about indulgence, so here you go:
Once you place your order, you’ll receive a thank you and welcome message right away. Then, on the first Friday (Venus’ day!) after you place your order, your first dose will arrive.
Venus can’t wait to meet you and see what word wonders only you can weave.