Upcoming Story Altars: 2022
Details coming soon!
To be sure to get information on upcoming retreats, just add your name and email. xo
Story Watch Writing Retreats (future events TBD)
Are you longing for space and time to…
…get up close and personal with your story?
…step away from daily responsibilities and distractions so you can finally watch, listen, write, and reflect?
…be present to the kind of magic that surfaces when someone else takes the helm for a while so you can actually relax, refuel, and take in the scenery?
How about doing that:
- at the coast,
- with your own private room,
- in a beautiful house,
- with delicious dinners lovingly prepared for you to enjoy,
- with a small group of other wild, wondrous creatures tending to their own stories?
If you are full of emphatic Yeses, if you are ready and willing to dive deep, seep in the salty quiet, and surface occasionally for rich conversation and playful relief, then you are invited to experience the wonders of a Story Watch Writing Retreat.
This retreat is designed to be a sanctuary for you and your story, with significant dedicated quiet/private time, as well as intentional, magical group sessions, and shared dinnertimes to let off steam, laugh, and enjoy the company of other people who are equal parts serious and silly when it comes to creating.
Why Story Watch Writing Retreat? Well, as with a whale-watching trip, this retreat is about traveling out into the vast mystery, away from dry land, and being present so our wild stories can reveal themselves to us, on their turf. It’s not about hunting down your story or demanding it come out and play. It’s about intentionally positioning yourself so you can watch and listen, so your story can show you its contours and capabilities, its beauty and power, how high it can jump, and how deep it can dive.
And yes, four of my favorite things are stories, whales, writing and retreating. So, there’s that.
Your Story Watch registration includes:
- Guaranteed story sightings
- A long weekend at the ocean
- Your own private room
- 3 inspiration-laden, facilitated group sessions to support your story-watching time
- Plenty of private, quiet time to create at your own rhythm
- 30 minute coaching call prior to the retreat, to set intentions, strategize, and get some preliminary support for you and your story
- Delicious dinners with the group
- Coffee & tea & chocolate (an essential Story Watching foodgroup)
What you bring:
- Your journal/computer/favorite pens/etc—that is, whatever makes up your own writing mojo kit
- Treats for breakfast and lunch
- Snacks or beverages to hoard or share, depending on your needs (sometimes the salt and vinegar chips have to be just for you)
Your investment: $734 USD
I would love for you to join us May 19-22, 2016 for this next Story Watch Writing Retreat in magical Manzanita, on the Oregon Coast. Together, we’ll create a sanctuary for our selves and stories and spend a nurturing & productive weekend.
To be the first to know when future registrations open, just sign up here.
Recharge. Regroup. Reconnect.
DIY Writing Retreats
How does a DIY retreat work?
Most people benefit from retreat time. Many of us sorely need it—that is, a breather, a recharge, a sanctuary in which we can reset.
Still, you can’t always get away for a long weekend or more. Sometimes the farthest you can go for a retreat is down the hall to your own living room. And the most time you have is about an hour. Although you’d love to do something to feed the retreat need and fit it into those possible parameters, you might not have a clue how to do it.
Never fear. I have about twenty-five years of retreat planning and facilitating under my belt, so I’ve got you covered. These DIY retreats are lovingly crafted for you, by me, to use in whatever way best serves you. You can lengthen or shorten them, spend more or less time on particular activities, and wear whatever pajamas you want.
When you order a DIY retreat, for only $17, you’ll receive:
- Access to an audio welcome and opening meditation
- A PDF of an easy-to-follow schedule, what supplies you’ll need, and some additional recommendations to make your retreat a nourishing and renewing experience
- Writing prompts to clear the path for your words to flow through
- A creative and supportive way to explore a particular theme through writing and reflection
- PDFs of any accompanying reflection questions or activities
- Access to an audio closing meditation
Stay tuned for the next DIY retreat opportunity, TBA!
Please note: If you and a group of friends, coworkers, or family members want to do one of these retreats together, marvelous! I love shared retreat experiences. I simply ask that you each purchase your own retreat to honor the offering.