Rewrite your story. Reclaim your power. Revitalize your voice.
Take a moment right now and fill in the blanks: The story I tell about myself is _____, and the story I want to tell about myself is _____.
If you filled in the same answer for both blanks, hurray! That’s some resonance to celebrate.
- you know that the story you’ve been telling about yourself simply doesn’t capture who you really are and you’re ready to rewrite the crap out of it,
- your answers are different, you’re at a Point A and long to get to Point B or Q or Z and aren’t sure how on heaven or earth to do it, and
- you want to be a woman who burns in instead of burns out, a woman whose voice burns clear and true, and lights the world on fire,
well, do I have an adventure for you!
Very simply, Rebirth the Heroine is a twelve week, self-directed, virtual word quest for you to rewrite the story of you. Each week, in your inbox, you’ll receive combustible writing prompts, questions, and guidance for reflection on past, present, and future you. And the ultimate goal is for you to be in-flamed.
ALREADY KNOW YOU WANT IN? THEN, DEAR HEROINE, SAY
Not as in inflammation, usually defined as our body’s protective response to injury, infection, or allergy, so we can release something we don’t need. This isn’t about reacting to what happens to you, but rather about living from what happens within you. Cultivating a fire you don’t want to get rid of.
Especially in western culture, cultivating something within can be a challenge. Around me, I see a culture suffering from chronic inflammation as a result of rampant toxicity (violence, cruelty, greed, corruption of power). Right now, if I didn’t know better, I could be in a constant state of reaction against it all.
The part of me that knows better knows that constant reaction is a speed train to burn out. I’ve had plenty of experience with burn out, and I’m not interested. Maybe you feel the same.
I don’t want to burn out. I want to burn in.
I want to be in-flamed so powerfully that my inner fire sears away the layers and layers of labels that I’ve taken on, been weighted down with, or imprisoned by. I want to tell a story of me that burns so hot I can warm my whole self by it. Always, I want to do this. And I know I’ll do it more than once.
Reinvention has been the larger story of my life. I’ve grown intimate with rebirth. When I moved to a different state for college. When instead of entering grad school or a “real job,” I volunteered for a year after I graduated. When I quit my steady, lovely job to pursue creative writing. When I took on a steady job again. When my marriage fell apart and I moved across the country and lost that job. When I started a business. When I sold my novel.
In each of those moments, I needed to rebirth myself and rewrite my story. I didn’t need to erase my past or forget who I was.
I didn’t need a new identity, and I don’t believe you need one, either.
I do believe in an essential you, which can get lost, for a bajillion different reasons, such as:
- heartbreaking loss and grief
- work or home or relationship transitions
- a bone-deep restlessness that you haven’t yet found words for
- a spiritual crisis
Simply, Rebirth the Heroine is a quest you take into the depths of you, to remember your core self. Each time I’ve re-birthed my heroic self has been an opportunity to get closer to who I am.
“Deep and simple is far more essential than shallow and complex.” – Mr. Rogers
In over two decades of writing, facilitating, teaching, and mentoring, that wisdom surfaces again and again. And it’s at the heart of Rebirth the Heroine. You won’t have to learn some complicated process or follow a convoluted treasure map.
Each week for three months, you’ll receive the tools for your quest, and you’ll engage with them:
- combustible weekly writing prompts, questions, and guidance, structured in a way that celebrates and honors the feminine, to re-craft the story of you
- a boon, that is, a blessing, a bonus tool or insight or piece of wisdom, something you can use to boost and enrich your journey. this might be a quote or an activity, a blessing or mantra.
KNOW IN YOUR HEART THAT THIS IS THE ADVENTURE FOR YOU? BY ALL MEANS, PLEASE SAY
The quest is divided into three parts, one for each month:
Here you’ll go back, excavating your life for clues, hints, and signposts about the essential heroine that is you. Expect fun, expect play, expect depth, expect gold.
Here you’ll go within, nurturing and attending to present-day you, nourishing yourself for rebirth. This cave is single occupancy, just for you. To collapse, release, and renew.
Here, brave heroine, you’ll go forward. You’ll build your fire on a true foundation, cultivate endurance that’s unique to you, purify yourself in the flames, and blaze in celebration of glorious you.
At the end of twelve weeks:
- you’ll have devoted yourself to a weekly practice of recovering and reenergizing yourself. Symptoms may include outbreaks of pleasure, spurts of truth-telling, increased energy and focus, and frequent elimination of wastes of your time.
- you’ll have the tools to transform the story you tell about yourself into the story you most want to tell about yourself. This might mean that you’ll have a story you can pull out and reread to yourself when you feel lost. Or a new bio to use professionally. Maybe even an introduction to your memoir.
- you’ll have a process to revisit, reuse, recycle, and support you again. Because you are a wise woman who knows that rebirth will be necessary again.
- who knows what wonders will unfold? I know well enough not to limit the magical results heroines can create.
Your monetary investment for this quest: $143 USD
WARNING: you will also be investing your heart, mind, time, and creative energy.
READY TO INVEST IN THE QUEST? FEEL FREE TO SAY IT WHILE YOU CLICK:
How much time will I need to invest each week? This is entirely up to you. Maybe thirty minutes, maybe an hour, maybe five hours. What feels right to and workable for you is the right answer.
Will this be the answer to all of my prayers? Well, maybe. And more than likely, no. One particular prayer, perhaps, but all of them, not so much. I suppose this is the place for me to say that no online program will fix everything that’s broken, make you a six-figure income, or do your laundry.
My hope and intention is that Rebirth the Heroine supports you in remembering essential, wondrous you, and expressing that with confidence and authenticity, in words.
What if I’m rebirthing myself and feel like I need some support? I’m just an email away, so please don’t hesitate to reach out and ask for what you need. I love to hear from you and am happy to address simple questions as I’m able. Beyond that, if you’d like support in the form of regular mentoring, that is sending me writing weekly for feedback, steady email support for process, and setting up a phone or Skype or in person check in, etc, please let me know, and I can share some options with you for the mentoring I offer.
As you probably know, deep reflection can also stir up deep stuff, including traumatic memories, which are far too common among women. If that happens for you and it’s too overwhelming to handle on your own, I encourage you to reach out and get other professional help and support.
If this quest doesn’t work for me, can I get a refund? This offering is non-refundable. By the time you’ve reached the bottom of this page, you’ll know if this offering is for you. Trust yourself.