a 4-week Venusian astro-writing quest with Jen Violi and Emily Trinkaus
April 20- May 11, 2016
4 Wednesday Sessions, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. PST (or by recording)
This quest is now closed to new registrations. Please stay tuned for future adventures!
This is your call to adventure.
A quest that IS for the feint of heart. For you who wish to reclaim your strength, renew your heart, and are willing to do some digging to get there.
The depths of despair. The bottom of the barrel. Down in the dumps. Under the weather. The monster in the basement.
What popular culture tells us about dark, underground places is simple: Get out! Get out as fast as you can, and don’t look back! Also this: you’re on your own, so save yourself!
Except, these messages hold two serious flaws:
- In a tunnel-visioned escape, we miss the renewed radiance, the catharsis and healing of intentionally forging a path through the underworld.
- The lie of separation. We are not alone, and when we remember and rely upon our inherent connection and belonging, our strength multiplies, and we are healed by the whole.
This four-week online quest takes place when Venus–signifier of the divine feminine–will disappear from the morning sky. To the ancients, Venus’ period of invisibility meant that the Goddess was in the Underworld, a time for regeneration, healing, and uncovering the gifts and powers hidden in the dark. When Venus is in the Underworld, we humans can also feel like we’re on an Underworld journey–submerged in our emotional depths, confronted with our shadows, challenged to find our way through the dark and keep the faith that the light will return.
You don’t have to go there alone, Sister! Emily and Jen are offering practical guidance, tools, and a community container to hold and support you through your trip to the Underworld. Emily, drawing on Venusian astrology, myth and feminine archetypes, will illuminate the meaning and purpose of the Underworld descent. You’ll learn how to cooperate with Venus’ cycle to uncover and express more of your intrinsic Goddess-ness and feminine radiance.
Jen will guide you through a transformational story writing process in which you will choose one of your own Underworld stories–one that is keeping you stuck in grief, despair, or loss–and face it with compassion and bravery. You’ll discover how to find new life in the story compost and allow yourself and your story to shoot up green and powerful into the light.
As a participant on the quest, you’ll receive:
- 4 75-minute live video sessions with Jen and Emily (or by recording)
- private Goddess Underground Facebook group where you can share your stories and connect with a supportive community
- handouts that will guide you through the writing process and current Venusian astrology
More Quest Boons & Benefits:
- Transform an old Underworldly story – access the gifts and reclaim your power from the dark
- Learn how to work with Venus’ cycle to bring forth more of your Goddess self
- Uncover and express more of your natural brilliance and beauty as you clear what’s covering it up
- Bonus treasures from Jen and Emily, to be revealed – you never know what underworld wonders you might find or be gifted with
A Little Taste of the Quest:
Session 1, Welcome to the Underworld
astro-overview of Venus in the Underworld, introduction to transformational storytelling, let the quest and writing begin
Session 2, Witness the Dark
an astro-boost from Mercury, guidance for bearing witness to your chosen underworld story, night vision-activated, steady on
Session 3, Gifts of the Dark & the Light
a little balsamic Moon dressing for your story salad, savoring the light and dark in your story and you, the value of self-love, a cozy little spot for you in the Underworld
Session 4, Reveal Your Radiance
Jupiter offers a lovely harmony, the opportunity to rewrite your radiance, and, what light through yonder cavern breaks? Get ready for an uprising.
$285 Early registration until April 8, 2016
$305 April 9 and beyond
Well, me for one! And, I’m thrilled to be collaborating with the incredible Emily Trinkaus to bring this offering to you. A little about the wonder that is Emily:
Emily Trinkaus is an astrologer devoted to Venus and the Divine Feminine. She is High Priestess of the Temple of Venus Revolution, reviving the ancient practice of tracking and aligning with the cycles of Venus. Her passion is to hold safe and sacred space for women to uncover, remember and embody their Goddess selves. See venusrevolution.net and fullmoonpriestess.com.