Is This You?
You have a story that needs telling.
Maybe it’s your family story, your own larger-than-life story, the one you know you need to preserve for your kids and your grandkids, nieces and nephews, the one you don’t want to get lost in the shuffle. Perhaps you’ve watched your own loved ones die and their stories die with them. Perhaps you’re determined not to let that happen again.
Priya GeorgeTechnology Start-Up Magician – Melbourne, Australia
Jen has a wonderful and patient way of getting me to find out what I need to do to get the words out of me. The words had been stuck inside me for a long time, although I knew I had a book to write. Since coaching with Jen, I have felt a wonderful flow of words. She has supported me to find out what works for me and led me through the creative process of discovering what could come next. One of the best things I’ve done – highly recommended.
Maybe it’s a fictional story, one that sailed out of the ether and into your lap, with characters who won’t stop talking to you, an adventure that demands to be put to the page, an imagined world so luscious that you must not keep it to yourself.
Maybe it’s how you learned to do something or be someone, a process or journey that’s at the heart of your work, something you know would be a gift to your clients, to countless people you haven’t even met yet, if only you could shape it into something polished, professional, and beautiful.
You’ve tried to do it for yourself. You’ve got a stack of full journals, piles of files, or thoughts and feelings and memories so abundant, they’re coming out of your ears. You need a place to put it all, and you need some help.
In short, you are:
- Ready to dedicate time and energy to telling your story
- Willing to ask for help and recognize the importance of seeking support
- Able to revise, change course, and do what it takes to honor your story
This is where I come in and when we schedule some Story Time (more on that below).
I don’t see my work as limited to books; it goes deeper than that. Primarily, I work with people who are longing to express deep truth, liberate their voices, and in so doing, make the difference they came onto this planet to make.
All you have to do is drop me a line. I’ll drop one back. And line by line is how all good stories are built.
What You’ll Get Out of Coaching:
Working with Jen Violi was the best investment I made in my business the entire year. She is a Goddess with words, and an amazing writing coach who will get your story out of you. Before we worked together, I felt boring and un-original. I didn't know my story could inspire others. After we worked together, I felt like I truly connect with others who share a similar story to mine. This makes my work with smart women entrepreneurs that much more impactful. After spending thousands of dollars elsewhere to try and figure out exactly what made me unique, I credit Jen for helping discover my true brand identity that is authentically me. Jen is worth every single penny and more. Hire this woman...she will bring your story out of you faster than you ever thought possible.
- Started (that first step can be a doozy).
- A schedule. Having someone to check in with, as well as assignments to complete and turn in, keeps you accountable and on track, and a schedule leads to
- Pages written. You will be writing. You’ll see your ideas on paper and on your computer screen. All your brilliance (including those diamonds in the rough) will at last be liberated from your head and your heart.
- Support that is personal, compassionate and honors the big commitment you’re making to your story.
- Writing feedback to help you remove obstacles, connect the dots, and reveal the awesome you’ve already got going on.
- Motivation and inspiration to keep writing, even when it’s rough.
- Fun. For real. Writing is hard work – a good sense of humor and healthy dollops of playfulness come in handy.
- Release. The the point of it all. Whether your story is published to the masses, shared with a handful of your dearest friends, or handed to your granddaughter, what matters most is that you tell it.
Stories tend to have minds and plans of their own, often quite different than what we intend or expect.
Stories rip back the floorboards, expose fears and longings and joy we didn’t know were there, and change our lives while we’re busy writing them down. And yet, the main task of the teller is still to make way.
I’m here to make sure you’re still standing, or at least resting comfortably, when all is said and done. And to celebrate with you how good it feels, how satisfying it is to have, at last, told your story.
Where to Begin?
Wherever you are, we’ll start with Story Time.
Story Time Consultation
You are: curious about enlisting a writing coach.
You want: to take a brave step, ask for help, and see how it feels.
You get: a clear idea of the work ahead of you, inspiration and practical suggestions to move forward with your work, either with or without coaching support.
- You receive a list of juicy questions, brew a pot of coffee or tea, and settle in to ponder your writing history, needs, goals, & dreams.
- When you’ve finished the questionnaire, you send answers my way, I review, ponder, and assess (also with coffee), and we have a one-hour phone, Skype, or in-person consultation to follow up.
- The opportunity to focus, clarify and set both playful & practical intentions for bringing your story to life.
- You get a customized course of action for you & your writing, and a proposal of how we might work together.
- A simple story assignment to get you going + feedback from me.
Story Time Consultation Rate: $427 USD
I work with clients internationally, via phone and email and Skype, so wherever you are, we’ll craft a plan that works for you.
Mitchell SommersAttorney, Mitchell Sommers, Esq. P.C.; Fiction Editor, Philadelphia Stories – Lancaster, PA
When I realized that I needed some help to get a draft of my novel completed, and doing it on my own usually ended up with me rubbing the dog's furry belly instead, I started asking some of my other writer friends for a resource, and I kept hearing Jen's name over and over. She truly has been amazing, providing me with advice, suggestions, direction, encouragement, encouragement (yeah, I said it twice), and has helped me bring my sprawling mess of an idea closer to fruition that I had thought possible. Hire her. You won't regret it.