|workshops & retreats|
I love doing workshops for groups--there's a particular kind of energy and excitement generated when a group of writers or word lovers comes together and start unleashing ink on the page.
When I facilitate, I am committed to creating fun, productive, and sacred spaces. Contact me with any questions or to request your own unique event.
A great way to keep track of what workshops are upcoming is to:
DISCOVER THE BOOK YOU WERE MEANT TO WRITE
Non-fiction Spring 2013: closed.
* The course is also available one-on-one, in person or from a distance. Register today!
"Doesn't this office feel small to you?"
Almost ten years ago, just two years before I went full throttle after my writing dream, one of my students in Ohio asked me this question. And it gave me a good hard kick in the life-ass. All that happened after that is a different story.
But the point here for us is, good questions are catalysts, which is why I love them. They create movement and action. Good answers satisfy, but then you lower your hand, you sit down, and you close the book.
This class, Discover the Book You Were Meant to Write (DTB), is not about answers. It's about kick-ass questions.
So let's get past the part about whether or not you want to write a book, whether or not you've got a book in you. You do, and you do. Known quantities.
What we don't know—that's what will propel us forward in this class. For instance: How can you focus your incredible ideas and life experiences into a page-turning, must-read book? In what ways has your whole life led to this precise moment and to the exactly right story for you to tell? What will it look like? How might it transform your life and the lives of people you haven't even met yet?
If those sound like questions that will keep you motivated, read on for details.
By the end of DTB, you'll have:
What else you'll get:
• Time—to write, to brainstorm, to thoughtfully create something you're passionate about, to sift through all the ideas and hone in on one.
• Community—Ever notice how it's easier to commit in a group, how there's built-in motivation? In this class, you'll join a supportive environment, working with others towards a common goal, and you'll receive input from other smart, passionate writers, and a regular reminder that you are not in this alone.
• Structure—Let's face it, when left to our own devices, we can put off and avoid writing projects like the plague. In DTB, you'll participate in focused class sessions that generate material, do monthly assignments to keep you moving between meetings, and create a working outline for that book so you can plot your course to finish it.
• Satisfaction—It feels good to finally work towards something you've been wanting to do forever, and then to see it coming to life before your eyes. And if this book will support your work, well then, you'll be one step closer to having a tangible gift to share with clients.
In addition to awesome questions, something else I love is helping people to wake up to the power of their own stories. And then telling those stories. So, I'd be thrilled to share this experience with you and help you give birth to your very own bundle of book.
Four participants make the course full, so I suggest you REGISTER and reserve your spot now!
One-on-one course fee: $900 (can be paid in three segments of $300/mth)
Group course fee: $450
Possible Workshops I Can Facilitate for Your Group: