My mission statement is rooted in my education and experience, and vice-versa. Below, you’ll find some details about what and where I’ve studied and the kinds of work I’ve done.
M.F.A. Creative Writing, University of New Orleans (UNO) 2007
M.A. Theological Studies, University of Dayton (UD) 1999
B.A. English and Communication, Theatre Concentration, UD 1996
Wiccan History and Ritual, Covenant of the Pentacle Wiccan Church 2006-7
Writing workshops: Words & Music Festival (2006); Tennessee Williams Festival (2005-7); Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop (2004); Antioch Writers’ Workshop, (2002)
- Adjunct Faculty, English Department, Sinclair Community College, Dayton, OH Summer 2011-2012
- Adjunct Faculty, Transformative Leadership Program, Tai Sophia Institue, Laurel, MD 2008-present
- Press & Marketing Associate, Tai Sophia Institute, 2008-9
- Editorial Assistant, UNO Press 2005-7
- Director of Retreats and Faith Development, UD, Dayton, Ohio 2002-4
- Retreats and Faith Development Coordinator, UD 1999-2002
I’ve also worked as a writing tutor, a graduate admissions counselor, a kindergarten teacher, a U.S. census enumerator, and in various editing and reading capacities for literary magazines.
Workshops, Retreats, Facilitation
Over the last twenty years, I’ve created and facilitated hundreds of retreats, workshops, and experiences for people seeking to know themselves, their own journeys, and their creative potential on a deeper level. I’ve provided mentoring and pastoral counseling and have written and directed numerous theatrical productions. My experience includes being a keynote speaker, reader of my own creative work, and presenter to educators, ministers, students, writers, and people from all walks of life.